Friday, December 26, 2014

Words Unsaid

wake up sleepy head, remind me when we first fell in love.  Don’t turn on that television, look at me instead.  Look into my eyes like when we first met.  Tell me what you’ll miss the most.  Are you afraid? What do you love the most about me? Remind me.  Tell me a story that doesn’t involve a tv show or a wrestling event.  I don’t want to hear about work.  I want to hear your love instead.  What makes you happy?  What brings great joy? How did we get to this point together?  Did we work too hard and not enough? Should work be the priority when I lay here in this bed? Hold my hand and kiss my cheek before I fade away. Tell me that you love me, you may not get another day. You are staring into space, wake up and look at my face. You are so far away, move closer. Tell me stories about our wedding day…how I looked in white, how I became yours.  For better or worse, indeed this is worse.  I’m sorry, sweet love.  Hold me close, stroke my cheek.  Lay sweet kisses upon my lips. This body may be weak, but the heart that beats within is still yours.  I can remember better days, drawl upon them when you are weak.  When I am no longer here, remember healthy times.  Do something every day that brings you great joy.  Something that fills your soul.  Something that brings the smile up to your eyes.  Those sweet blue eyes.  Eyes that used to twinkle but so often now seem to focus so far away.  Deep within.  Come back to me.  Sit with me a while and hold my hand.  Tell me you’ll be ok.  Tell me I was your first love, most adored.  Don’t be sad.  Check in on our children.  Call them often….they need you.  You’ve been gone so long, come back.  Be present.  Enjoy and shower love on our grandchildren.  Tell them stories about us.  Take care of yourself…take your pills.  It’s okay to cry.  I love you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment