Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Today We Jump

Today is the day we make a move in a strange and unknown direction. Research, conversations, prayers, lists, visits…I’ve done more digging on this single decision than all of my biggest decisions combined.  Marriage, children, home-ownership, starting a business…all followed my gut. This decision, however, affects more than myself, so I’ve lingered in the safe places for a bit longer. At some point, an action is required…a blind step in some direction. I can stew and simmer, dig and deliberate but today’s the day we jump. 



Maya & Cole are two completely different glorious beings.  From day one, they’ve required different styles of parenting, different ways to reason, different motivations, different definitions of love. It's no surprise that they also have different ways of learning.  Today I submit paperwork that releases him from school and we begin the wild world of home-schooling.


So many fears.  Again, that negative voice speaks I’m no teacher, you may fail, he may suffer, others will judge.  Those fears apply to almost any decision.  The way I understand it, decision making has one final outcome.  Finding a thousand opinions in favor and equal amounts against, the pros and cons list may possibly equal out.  We can remain in the status-quo safe places or we can follow another path.  Ultimately, after all the digging, diving, and solid hours of prayer, one foot must finally move in front of the other.  No longer satisfied in the safe places, today we jump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment