Friday, January 2, 2015

Bonus day #7

Feeling recharged from an evening at home with the fam, I head back to Mom's side this afternoon.  Jody reports that she had a fitful night and seemed to be in pain, so they gave her a Atavan/Morphine cocktail and consequently slept the day away.  She has a low tolerance to pain medicine and the combination has knocked her out.  However, Doc has said that as the ammonia levels rise, she will become more lethargic and could possibly fall into a coma. The best way to go, I believe.  She has no awareness that her body is shutting down.  A silver lining in how our amazing body works, that it protects our brain, our thoughts.  I wonder if this is less of a Morphine hangover than  a side effect to organ failure.


Not much else to report as she sleeps...parts of her already far gone.  I think she can still hear us, so  often I sneak up and whisper sweet nothings in her ear.  It's quiet now, visitors and family gone...the filtered air drowning out the sound from the nurses outside.  The moaning neighbor has piped down and the room has a sweet ombre glow from the leftover Christmas tree still in the corner.  Soon, I'll make up my bed, kiss her goodnight and pray that she sleeps eternal and wakes up in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment