Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Good Stuff



Writing is my workout. 

It stretches and pulls my mind and heart in directions I wouldn’t willingly travel. It reveals garbage and replaces it with gold. The silly things that distract prefer to keep me numb and dumb, but when I sit still, quiet my mind and start moving over the keys, something shifts. Wisdom perches so fragile, content to join the party. I just need to be still….breathe…and listen.  The busy will come, but for now, I chill and I wait for the good stuff. In this space, I surrender the fight.  I needn’t work so hard, I needn’t let the busy distract. 

I simply need to be still. 

Not lazy, but still.  Still within the work, still is the work, still in my heart when the worry creeps near, still when I don’t understand.  I complicate it with busy, pointless distractions.  I fight the good stuff like a toddler with overcooked broccoli.  But here…when I’m tapping the keys, being still, the good stuff bubbles forth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment