Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Tapping the Keys

It’s a new morning, the house still quiet. The dog is content…his head or butt likely on my pillow upstairs. With only the hum of the fridge and air conditioner, my mind quiets…not yet distracted with social feeds and cleaning. Where will my writing take me today? What new revelation will occur?  Not quite sure yet, I keep obediently tapping the keys until it emerges.

There are floors to clean, windows to wash, a vacation to pack for….all the mind numbing activities that need to be accomplished.  But do they? Or are they simply a distraction from something more important?


Often feeling overwhelmed and so easily distracted with shiny things, the list feels so long, the tasks so monumental, the needs so great, it’s much easier to stay distracted with social feeds and cleaning, thus keeping my light hidden. Getting out of my comfort zone to make real change seems frightening and where to even begin, the mountain feels beyond reach. The only resolution is one tiny step, then another…over time I’m half way there.  It's comforting to know I am not alone to climb this mountain, in reality, this mountain is not mine to climb, this battle not mine to fight.  I’m instructed to simply Be Still…not the same as Do Nothing.  So I keep tapping the keys and moving my feet in the direction and in proportion of my prayers. One step, one task, one need at a time…Obedient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment